Monday, September 6, 2010

The Super Mom DISCLAIMER

Super Mom Disclaimer

A sweet mom of 2 close little ones wrote me an email recently asking all sorts of great questions. She was feeling overwhelmed as a mom (as WE ALL do at times). I answered back with as honest responses as I could. I wanted so badly to help her to not feel overwhelmed. She was relieved to hear that I'm not super woman and said that it's encouraging to know other women struggle too at times.

So this is a super mom disclaimer that I, nor any other mom out there, are super moms. And doing projects with your kids is NOT what makes someone a good mom! I just happen to find doing crafts with my kids one of my favorite things to do! But many moms don't. That's OKAY. Some of the best moms I know don't enjoy it either. Big deal! They are still amazing moms.

We have all been given different talents, experiences, interests for a purpose. I know we all feel at times that we're not "doing" enough. But my sister once reminded me that just being there with and for my kids was enough. It's true!

Remember blogs are only a teeny-tiny part of someone's life or day. I share that because it's easy to compare our whole lives to other people, even when we know so little of their lives. And I believe Satan would have us do that to cut us down and think we aren't great moms. When in fact we are! Remember “Comparison is the thief of joy.”

So I hope you'll enjoy this blog, but remember that behind all of the fun activities you see here there is still the mundane cleaning, the bills to pay, the student loans to worry about, the THREE kids' diapers to change a million times a day, the whining, etc. etc. going on in this house! But through it all there are some very specific moments in the day that make it all so wonderful and worth it. And I sure like capturing, remembering and sharing some of those wonderful moments.

Here are some of my favorite speeches illustrating a successful mother:

And Upon the Handmaids in Those Days Will I Pour Out My Spirit
Mothers and Daughters
Mothers Teaching Children in the Home
A woman of Faith

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. I really appreciate the quote about comparison is the thief of joy. But...um...I still think you simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete