Wednesday, February 4, 2015

maui day 3: Monday

Today is Monday.

*sunrise salutations yoga right next to the ocean.
*bird in room
*macadamia nut pancakes at restaurant on the beach with close up views of the ocean and wind surfers.
* shopping in kihea. Found the maui photo book I wanted.
*laying out at the infinity pool and swimming while overlooking the ocean and watching whales.
*jon saw a humpback whale jump out of the water while in the infinity pool.
*traded compact car in for a brand new silver mustang.
*mama's fish house. Server and hostess favs. Dinner-DELICIOUS! Ambiance even more incredible.
*north Shore breaks
*giant snail


I had a hard time falling asleep last night, I kept feeling like I was snorkling in the ocean. My mind kept swaying with the ocean current and imagining seeing fish and turtles. I told jon that I felt like I was one with the ocean. We really both did After stayong in the ocean all day. Despite not being able to fall asleep, I was awake by 4:30am. It was too late to make it to the volcano like we planned, whoops, we slept in. Our bodies aren't used to snorkeling for 5 hours. It was too early to feel well rested, but still had a great morning.

I left the room just before sunrise and met a few other ladies for Sunrise salutations, Yoga, next to the ocean. It was magnificant. My body was sore and this was just what I needed to start my day off and find such a serene peaceful place. Jen, our instructor, emphasized timing our breathing with the ocean waves and I felt so alive and grateful to be there experiencing this. I'm trying to take this all in and not take one second for granted. We are blessed beyond measure by a God who truly loves us and I hope I can go back to this peaceful moment when the tides are high in my own life.

I went back up to the room and discovered a bird just prancing and chirping in our room, since I had left the balcony door open. He quickly left but it sure made me smile to see. Jon stayed sleeping for a bit longer and I went and hung out in the hammock.

I spent the morning trying to contact the Molokina crater charter boat to see if we could still go but that didn't work out. I also spent quite a bit of the morning planning our ziplining excursion. We went with the 8-line Eco zipline tour in Kanaapali. It's supposed to be beautiful trees and a view of the ocean. Looks fun!

We knew we wanted macademia nut pancakes similar to the ones we had on our honeymoon in Owahu at Boots and Kimos. Jon looked online and found 5 Palms at a hotel here. The view was spectacular and the food was good, but expensive. The mac. pancakes were nothing special, just normal buttermilk pancakes with some nuts inside. The Boots and Kimos pancakes were just something unique I'm guessing! But it was so beautiful and very special to sit in the open air so close to the beach. We enjoyed watching wind surfers and the coast line. Jon, being the planner that he is, notices all of the little things about the island that I don't. He pointed out how they have really protected the coastline from having a bunch of high rise hotels right on the coastline. It's true, you look down the coast line for miles and see just beautiful ocean, cliffs, and beach. Loved the views!

Later we laid out the infinity pool which is such a stunning view. While in the infinity pool, with the BEST view of the ocean, Jon saw a humpback whale completely breach and jump out of the water in it's entirety. He was thrilled and im so excited for him. I got in with him and we saw several whales blowing the water up and a few slap the water but I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing one jump too.

That night we got all dressed up and drove to the airport to get a new car. Ours was acting funny and someone had pulled up next to our little red Ford Focus and honked and motioned that our car was being wobbely or something. It scared us a little and we were happy that Budget was not busy and accomodated us with a brand new silver mustang hard top. We love it! We then drove to Mama's fish house and it was beautiful and everything we could have hoped and imagined it to be. It's right on the beach with lots of beautiful, swaying palms and fisherman on the rocks fishing. The menu was



















No comments:

Post a Comment