Saturday, May 15, 2010

Grasping

Okay I hesitate even posting this because it's rediculously simple. But when I became a new mom and was home with my sweet little one all day I wanted desperately to find fun things I could do with the little munchkin. I found a great book from Gymboree and then later was given this Montessori book which has been extremely helpful to me. I am no expert, but I must say that my opinion with babies is that just getting down on the floor and playing with them in any way, smiling at them, talking to them and reading to them are the best things to do with a baby. (Any way to show that baby he is loved and is in a loving environment!)
.
So I'll post a few things I do with our little guy in hopes that it will help others and maybe my own girls someday as they raise their children :)
.
Grasping: scrapbook ribbon tied on to a kitchen spatula. A wooden spoon, dowel, etc. would work great too.
.

This was fun for O to look at and to grab at. But mostly we just had fun playing together.
And we can't get enough tummy time. Look at those muscles :) I just love it when I find the time (and take the time) to get down on the floor and play with my baby. And man is he fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment