Sunday, August 22, 2010

Jen's Primary Lesson

Jen shared a great primary lesson that I thought was fantastic:

"Yesterday at church I taught sharing time to the primary kids. The topic was "Jesus Christ has power over Death". In the lesson it recommended to have other members from the ward come in and tell the stories of Jesus raising the dead. I thought that sounded like something special so I called around. I don't know a lot of people in the ward yet, but I feel like Heavenly Father knew who to ask because they couldn't have done better. I had 2 men and 2 women come in all dressed up. One spoke as if she was Martha, the sister of Lazarus. She told us in detail what it was like when her brother died and how miraculous it was when Jesus raised Lazarus. One guy spoke as he was Jarius, and he told the kids with a such a sweet demenor how he loved his 12 year old daughter with all his heart and how she died and Jesus came and made her alive. The last one was about the resurrection. It was told by this wonderful Hawaiian women that radiates hope and love! She was amazing and told the story of the tomb and what it was like feeling the nail holes in Jesus's hands and that He was alive! She bore such a sweet testimony in such a way that the kids will never forget that story. Not one child in Junior primary made a sound. The spirit was so strong. I couldn't believe how reverent the kids were. When we got home Alliyah told Brody all about what she learned and she told the story of the resurrection in great detail. It was one of those spiritual moments I have to write down so I don't ever forget it. I sure love primary and being able to witness my children and others learning important truths"

I am so grateful for moments like this in a classroom where the spirit is strong and little testimonies are being built. What a powerful lesson.

I miss being in the MTC classroom where this is happening on a daily basis. What an amazing thing to witness others (and including myself) strengthening their testimonies. Attending church each week is so important. We do need other's strength and faith to build our own. And little children are no different. I have seen how Mia and Claire's sweet faith has grown as they attend nursery each week. Mia talks about Heavenly Father and Jesus daily and Claire does quite a bit too. Moments like those make me so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment