Saturday, April 13, 2013

Awesome


I took the kids to a charity event today where we could take pictures with super heros, star wars characters and princesses. As we were walking in I realized that my baby had a bad blowout diaper--like almost up to his neck bad. I walked him back out to change his clothes and diaper. I realized that I used my last diaper yesterday at his dr. well-visit. But I did have a pad in the glove compartment, a new onesie, and a burp cloth (shaped like an hourglass). I put the "winged" pad on the burp cloth, placed that on him and hoped the onesie would hold it all in place. It did. I put his pants back on and voila, we're back in action.

There is my "drop of awesome" today. Thanks whoever sent that post to me.  I was starting to reflect on the day and the negative self-talk was creeping in saying how I stink at being a mother. But then I realized that most of the things that happen throughout the day are actually laughable and years from now maybe I'll just laugh at all of these seemingly hard moments of my days. And maybe my boy will laugh that I put a pad on him as a baby...hmm, maybe not. 

1 comment:

  1. This is so hilarious!! YES, you will definitely laugh at this, a lot, down the road!! (Just don't tell that story when he's in his dating years...)

    ReplyDelete